Sunday, April 26, 2009

Whoo, it's time for a phone tap!


This blog has absolutely NOTHING to do with a phone tap (http://www.q101.com/airstaff/shermantingle_phonetap.aspx), but I felt that I sould give a shout out to my girl Clarissa Jenkins just because I love her.

Okay, now onto the matter at hand. I SHOULD be studying, but instead I'm writing this hoping to entertain but a precious few. May I tell you, small audience out there, you are slackin. Not like the kind of slackin that will get you through undergrad as long as you're okay with losing a little bit of sleep here and there, but the kind of slacking that got Shawna a D- in comp sci 110. We're talking MAJOR slackage goin on in my friend department. How am I supposed to Wikiwander from the topics you comment if you're not commenting?? HUH? Well, I have one friend who not only comments but sends me damn good subjects. Thank you Yogesh. Your diligence will not go unrewarded. That being said, check out this one that my Wiki-loving pal sent, Category: Jokes. That's all it says, but the treasures it holds...

1. Category: Jokes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Jokes)- This is a list of types of jokes with links to a definition and examples of each. So cool...

2. Administratium- WTF is this? A joke I've never heard?? Not possible! Oh jesus, I understand why. Why would anyone EVER need to know "a well known joke in scientific circles, and is a spoof both on the bureaucracy of scientific establishments and on descriptions of newly discovered chemical elements"? Ugh... Okay, back to the list I go... Oh, this is too easy... There have to be SO many good ones under this one...

3. Blonde jokes(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blonde_joke#Blonde_jokes)- Yes, this is totally where I was looking to go with this... "The archetypical "dumb blonde," while viewed as attractive and popular, has been criticised as lacking in both common street-sense and academic intelligence, often to a comedic level." Wow, were they looking to describe Jessica Simpson? Lacking sense to a comedic level? Yeah, that's her. For sure. One can even see the stupidity in her expression. Anywho... Reading further... Whoa, something really interesting!

4. Sex and intelligence (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_and_intelligence)- This MUST be read... Wow. "Sex and intelligence research investigates differences in the distributions of cognitive skills between men and women." Ah, so the age-old battle wages on! So apparently it's really hard to accurately study this subject because IQ tests have a built in bias due to woman's incredible knack at the verbal stuff and men's, well... men's lack of verbal ass-kickingness. That's basically what it boils down to. I mean, I read the article and all I got from it is that women pretty much kick ass. And I love that. Time to move on before I read something that contradicts with my belief...

5. Charles Darwin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Darwin)- Everybody knows who this dude is! He's the favorite celebrity of Christians around the globe! Total side note, but I was watching a show on the Discovery channel today about the Galapagos Islands, and the rumor on the street is that he developed the "Theory" of Evolution (not so sure it's really a "theory" anymore... It has pretty much been proven consistently since it's conception, but whatever...) Another side note, everybody should watch Religulous. I think it's my new favorite movie. Gonna buy the blu-ray now... Not on blu-ray... Reevaluating purchase decision. Back to blogging... I didn't know that the ship that he took all over the world was called the beagle. Wow... I think I'm going to end on a dog note. Not the longest blog, but certainly not the least inspired. Off to homework I go. Procrastination is a beautiful thing...

Until next time remember: What Would Mel Do?

1 comment:

  1. I like to wiki movies/TV shows and then get the actors/actresses and then I go on crazy tangents from there.

    ReplyDelete